7/24/2020 Meeting Agenda

Introductions (if needed)

Marketing / Promotion

Larger Trends

• Homeschooling
  • Dr. Ryan's son - mad about not being able to go back to school
  • Is there going to be a focus on procedures, need the ability to talk about core issues
  • Opportunities
    • Learning Solutions - commercial companies will provide
    • Schools and companies providing training on distance learning / etc.
    • Teacher emotional support
  • Fatigue
  • Increased cases
  • Mission Hospital Experience: financial distress, twice the patient load, nurses quitting, general unhappiness...
  • The huge amount of noise from organizations hosting events. Free offers with back-end offers for $. 
  • Everyone offering free events

Conference brainstorming

• Other events reporting
  • Steve Projects
    • The Indispensable Teacher idea / teaching by heart / Education for hope and healing
    • The Self Directed Learner
    • Education for Hope and Healing
      • Teaching by Heart
      • Mindful Classroom
      • Our show folks as hosts
    • Truth About School

Technical Help / Group Questions

You need to be a member of Learning Revolution to add comments!

Join Learning Revolution

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Also, LOVE THE LOGO! 

• Can we come up with some sort of email/letter that explains what Learning Revolution does so that I can share it with NJ Council for Exceptional Children and possibly other organizations?

Other notes I took down... 

-"Be a part of the solution"

-Economic crisis, layoffs?

-People are in "survival" mode

-There is a lot of chaos and noise

-What is mail chimp?

-Sponsors.... universities? professional organizations? Who actually has money these days?

-Let's try not to be a part of "FREE!!! But wait let me sell you something!"

-What are the benefits of being a non-profit and why?

-Having a Learning Revolution Heading and some way to connect us all. Same email signatures?

-THEME IDEAS: Mathematics Learning, Racial Inequities, Special Education, Homeschool, TechEd, Social-Emotional Learning (SEL), ReInventing School/Reform, Language Arts, Global Education, Pandemic Response, Administrator Support, Parents, Gifted and Talented, Innovators, Entrepreneurs, Music/Visual Arts/Performing Arts Teachers

• I need to re-write the description for the website itself, and I think that could be the same. I'd like a few days to let this incredibly productive conversation settle a little for me and to think about how the re-imagined site will look. :) Thanks for such INCREDIBLE energy.

• I meant it when I signed "Enthusiastically" !!!

:-)

This reply was deleted.