MINDFULNESS FOR EDUCATORS, LIBRARIANS, AND OTHERS: SELF-CARE STRATEGIES FOR DIFFICULT TIMES
Part of the LearningRevolution.com 'Survive and Thrive!' Series
With Dr. Mara Linaberger
This has been a difficult year for a lot of people, whether you're a teacher, a librarian, a parent, or a student. It's hard to go through so much change and trauma and feel centered and balanced, or to be optimistic about the future. The practice of mindfulness can be a pathway to greater peace and purpose, and this webinar can either serve as an introduction to mindfulness that you can immediately put to use, or a reminder if you've previously used these techniques.
As a mindful practitioner for over 15 years, Dr. Linaberger teaches graduate coursework for Wilson College, including a 3 credit graduate course on Mindfulness. In this webinar, she will:
- Overview of the mindful movement in education
- Share research highlights to connect to the power of mindfulness for educators and students alike
- Offer several strategies for beginning your own mindful practice
- Share resources for learning more about mindfulness
- Lead you through a "progressive relaxation" technique you can use daily to reduce your stress levels
DATE: Thursday, June 23, 2022 at 7:00 PM US-Eastern Time (click HERE to see in your own time zone)
LENGTH: 30 minutes + QA
COST: $29/person - includes any-time access to the recording and any presenter handouts and a participation certificate if needed. To arrange group discounts (see below), to submit a purchase order, or for any registration difficulties or questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
REGISTRATION: Click HERE or the payment image above to register. If you have any trouble registering for a webinar, if you need to be invoiced, or if you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
SPECIAL GROUP RATES (email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange):
- Multiple individual log-ins and access from the same organization paid together: $25 each for 3+ registrations, $20 each for 5+ registrations.
- The ability to show the event (live or recorded) to a group located in the same physical location or in the same virtual meeting from one log-in: $99.
- Large-scale institutional access for viewing with individual login capability: $249.
Dr. Mara Linaberger believes that each of us has chosen to be here at this moment in time for a specific reason—that we are each on a mission that we chose for ourselves. And that figuring out what we love, what we’re good at, and how we can be of service is the engine we need to fuel a lifetime of joyful learning. Mara also believes that school often slows down or stifles that excitement for students. So she is on a mission to create a global network of 100 microschools in the next 20 years—to harness education toward helping amazing children to develop their highest potentials while making learning fun again!
Mara is a life-long educator, author, technologist, artist, ballroom dancer, and musician, having spent 25 years in service as a public school educator, teacher trainer, and administrator. Completing a doctorate in Instructional Technology, she went on to earn a Superintendent’s Letter of Eligibility in Pennsylvania. Launching Mindful Technology Consultants in 2013, she continues to train teachers at the masters level on the use of digital portfolios as alternative assessments and on bringing mindfulness practices into the classroom.
Mara is the international two-time best selling author of HELP! My Child Hates School and The Micro-School Builder’s Handbook. Mara currently lives in Harmony, PA, with her husband Michael while she travels far and wide, directly supporting clients in her global Microschool Builders programs.