Reflections on Our Workshop!

I'd love to get your reflections on the day.  What went well?  What didn't?  Where did you feel you really learned something?  What didn't we include that we might have?  What was your best take-away?

You need to be a member of Learning Revolution to add comments!

Join Learning Revolution

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thank you for a great workshop it was inspiring and put reason to why I spend so much time networking and helping others build their e-capability. To be networked as an educator online offers us so much in terms of learning, inspiration and innovation.  I enjoyed your style of facilitation, plenty of connectivity and interaction.I will now use what I have learned to help my network of e-leaders build on their networking and social media skills.

It was wonderful being able to meet in person,someone that I have followed advice from on numerous occasions over the years. Hope you enjoyed your time in Australia. Regards Junita Lyon 

• What a nice note, Junita.  Thank you!
  • I love how you've articulated this.  Yes, and HUGE THANKS to Andrew, Karen, Hamish, and the gang for such a great job organizing and for the food!
  • The day was a real pleasure. I felt so lucky to be around such a diverse bunch of educators, all of us in the expert hands of Mr Hargadon! As progressives in our profession we are sometimes battling elements of our system that don't want to embrace technology, and it was lovely to step out of that for a day.

Steve, the way you facilitated the day was a lesson in itself. We did the work, you allowed us to grapple with ideas and concepts and find peers that we could connect and collaborate with. Just like we should be doing in our classrooms. 

Thank you.

Tom Gamble.

PS I wrote my first blog post (well my first one addressed to my PLN anyway): http://notablankslate.global2.vic.edu.au/

PPS I got a new job today: I'm going to be co-ordinating a upper primary unit (5 teachers, ~110 students), with a focus on using ICT to allow students to explore their passions. I'm somewhere way over the moon!

• I love the description - "as progressives in our profession we are sometimes battling elements of our system that don't want to embrace technology, and it was lovely to step out of that for a day". That's exactly how I felt/feel, thanks for putting it so eloquently (was going to say I couldn't have put it better myself but that is, sadly, too true, I couldn't have:(!).
      And congratulations on your new job, obviously well-deserved
    • Geez, thanks guys. Just makes me even more convinced we should all start our own school together - where distance and time are irrelevant. I meant this as a joke, but now it's written down it doesn't seem so crazy... maybe, just maybe :)
    • Congrats Tom, great to see your blog post and your new posting over the moon. Wow those teachers and students are so lucky to have you.
    • Congrats on new job!
  • I really enjoyed pretty much everything about the day - the venue, catching up with old friends, meeting twitter friends face to face, learning about some new things, learning about new ways to use familiar things, the discussions, the opportunities to contribute....only downside was that it was all over too quickly.

I've come back eager to set up my ePortfolio and with renewed enthusiasm for writing on my blog.  I'm still struggling with how I can get the message of the value of the PLN out to other teachers.

• Hi Heather,
      I love the way you've shared your plans to set up your ePortfolio come and join some other ePortfolio enthusiasts at http://conversations.EpCoP.net.au or in the Ning for our MOOC at http://epcopmooc.Ning.com.au

I am just starting on a new journey with another group of newbies in blended elearning and I too want to encourage them to expand their PLN and begin their PWP. I think an ePortfolio approach will be a good Start.
      CC
This reply was deleted.