6761005879?profile=RESIZE_710x

https://specialeducationlegislativesummit.org/

As a member of the Council for Exceptional Children, I will be attending as many of these events as possible next week. Feel free to register and join these very important discussions. We can circle back and talk about the outcomes on this thread. If you are NOT a member, please contact me so we can connect (educatormuller@gmail.com).

Week One Schedule
Monday, July 13, 3 – 4 pm (EST)
Washington Update – A Live Townhall Event

This exciting event kicks off our Virtual SELS experience and provides a program overview of the week and your first set of tools when it comes to being an advocate.

Tuesday, July 14, 3-4 pm (EST)
Is it All About the Money?

Federal Funding of Special Education In this overview of funding, you’ll learn not just how federal funding for special education works but also what are our “asks” in this area and what we may be expecting in this year’s appropriations.

Wednesday, July 15, 3-4 pm (EST)
Stemming the Tide:  Addressing the Educator Shortages in Special Education
Experts on this topic will share current information about educator shortage and the current status of the Higher Education Act, as well as what we will be asking for in this area during Virtual SELS.

Thursday, July 16, 3-4 pm (EST)
Addressing the Mental Health Crisis in Our Schools

This session will provide an overview of not only the state of the mental health crisis but also a glimpse into what educators may be facing as programs and schools reopen this fall. We will also cover what to ask for when meeting with your Congressional office.

Friday, July 17, 3-4 pm (EST)
Special Education and the Pandemic
Speakers will address the current status of issues and funding related to COVID-19 and prepare you to address this topic during your virtual office visit.

Week Two Schedule, July 20-24  Week two will be dedicated to participants activating their advocacy skills to communicate with Members of Congress about our key issues through the means that suits each state’s delegation, i.e. through holding meetings with Members of Congress (either virtually, with their team in Washington, DC or by having a team of people visit their offices at home) and more. We will have ample social media cued up and coordinate a hashtag to amplify our message through social media both during the week and on an ongoing basis to carry our message forward.

You need to be a member of Learning Revolution to add comments!

Join Learning Revolution

Email me when people reply –

Replies

This reply was deleted.