Just Starting Out

I just started learning about blogging in the classroom by searching the web. I am very interested in using this technology in my classroom this upcoming school year. As I looked over the web there are just so many resources that it is really hard to figure out what is the best way to begin. I would like anyone to please provide me with some insight on getting started. Some questions I have inculde - what is the best blogging platform to use, how do I use blogging my classroom - specifically for teaching math, how do I assess blogging, how do I safeguard the students, etc. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

You need to be a member of Learning Revolution to add comments!

Join Learning Revolution

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi Jeannine
    I have used blogger to create my class blog because I have found it is compatible with lots of web2 tools.
    I am an English language teacher. I use it to publish activities for my students and model (post samples) of projects I ask them to work on.
    Among my favorite tools are
    "slideshare" to publish ppt presentations.
    "voicethread" and "slidestory" for tutorials
    "Calameo" and "Scribd" to publish word documents and longer activities written in .doc or pdf.
    Well I hope this may provide some hints on where to start.
    have fun
    • Hi Elena,

Thanks for your ideas. I will check into the tools that you listed. I went ahead and created a blog on edublog for my class. We will start school on August 25th. Since I am new to this I am just starting out by doing a blog in my GT class, start small then expand. If things go well then I plan to expand to all my other classes.

thanks
This reply was deleted.