Check our blogs!

Hello Group.I thought this might be a good place to list the classroom blogs that we are involved in.I guess I could start by adding a comment stating a bit about ourselves, and a link to our blog. Anyone have a better suggestion?

You need to be a member of Learning Revolution to add comments!

Join Learning Revolution

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Sounds great, Mark.

I'm actually not a "classroom" teacher, per se, right now - at least not of a teacher of children. My students are teachers. I use blogs with my Professional Development classes - and have had a blog for my last three classes with amazing success. Personally, I think that every teacher should blog.

Now, I realize that I don't run into some of the issues that K-12 teachers might when blogging with students, but having been there as well (I taught at the middle/high school level for eight years) I think I can relate to the issues.

Mark, good luck with the conversion process. Indeed, one at a time is usually the way it works.
    Drape's Takes
    Analyzing the intersection of education and technology.
    • Hi Darren

I agree that every teacher should blog. I'd imagine that this will happen as a generational change though. In my geographical area, most teachers I see are more concerned with their golf handicap, and their upcoming retirement. (I live in a great part of the world. A place that people strive to come to in their retirement) "What's a blog?" I hear all the time. Note, that this does not apply to all. There are some excellent and professional teachers who are always striving to learn more and put the knowledge to use in their classrooms. It doesnt seem that there is a critical mass though. (In my region).

I divide my time between teaching children (K-6), training staff (over a much broader geographical area as part of my state's intel teach team), and troubleshooting/building/rebuilding network infrastructure. Its the teacher training that's the most challenging part. Yet I'm sure that it also carries the greatest rewards. So....one at a time, teach them to teach and support each other. The mullumwriters blog has been a great way to engage students and parents, which in turn prods the staff into getting up to speed.

Love your blog.

Mark
      Mullum Writers
      Showcasing the work of the talented young writers at Mullumbimby Public School.
    • Ditto, Mark. Your mullumwriters blog is fantastic! I think it's magic when students post to blogs - becoming publishers for the world.

Great work!
  • MullumWriters

A K-6 school of 320 students, beginning in the world of blogging. The potential is vast, and I am slowly bringing the staff around to see the benefits. (One at a time).
    Mullum Writers
    Showcasing the work of the talented young writers at Mullumbimby Public School.
This reply was deleted.