How to Help Students Manage their Anxiety and Energy Levels so They Can Learn
Part of the LearningRevolution.com 'Survive and Thrive!' Series
Are you noticing that more and more students are having difficulty focussing on learning due to heightened brain states (anxiety) AND/OR low brain states (mental/physical exhaustion)?
Teachers, you know how important it is to build connections and trust with students before learning can take place. But what next? How do we help our students focus on learning when their brains are in fight, flight, or freeze modes?
Parents, you know your child is capable of learning, but getting them to focus can be a challenge. Sometimes your child has too much energy. Sometimes they don’t have enough. How can we help our children get their brain into optimal learning mode?
In this webinar, Kara Guiff, a veteran educator, will take you through practical, easily implemented strategies to help you help your students regulate the state of their brains so they are ready to learn. You just might find some of these strategies work for you too!
You will learn:
- What the neuro arousal continuum is and how to recognize when someone is too high or too low on that continuum
- Strategies to help students in a heightened state of neuro arousal come back to the middle (optimal for learning)
- Strategies to help students on the low end of the continuum get back to the middle
- Strategies to help students maintain regulation of their brain state
- How co-regulation can be the the key to everything
DATE: Monday, October 11, 2021 at 8:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time (click HERE to see in your own time zone)
COST: $29/person - includes any-time access to the recording and any presenter handouts and a participation certificate if needed. To arrange group discounts (see below), to submit a purchase order, or for any registration difficulties or questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
REGISTRATION: Click HERE or the payment image above to register. If you have any trouble registering for a webinar, if you need to be invoiced, or if you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
SPECIAL GROUP RATES (email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange):
- Multiple individual log-ins and access from the same organization paid together: $20 each for 10+ registrations, $15 each for 25+ registrations.
- The ability to show the webinar (live or recorded) to a group located in the same physical location or in the same virtual meeting from one log-in: $99.
- Large-scale institutional access for viewing with individual login capability: $249.
Kara is an innovative special education teacher with 30 years of experience in K-12 education, as well as the lead trainer/speaker for Guiff Goodies For Education. She has been a resource teacher, interventionist, and co-teacher in general education classrooms and is currently an alternative education instructor at White’s Jr/Sr High in a blended learning environment. She is passionate about utilizing available tools and methods to help teachers save time without sacrificing effectiveness. Kara loves keeping up with and learning new tech and teaching methods and is excited to share things with other educators. You are invited to join her Facebook Group: Thriving In SpEd and can find out more about her at guiffgoodiesforeducation.com.