The inaugural Education Film Festival run this year the evenings of May 9 - 13 as part of the Learning Revolution Deep Dive at Black Mountain. There is no cost to attend, but donation from those not attending the Deep Dive are appreciated in order to defray costs. We are focusing this year on films that provide alternative views to traditional education.
In addition to the film screenings, each filmmaker is agreeing to meet either live at the event or by videoconference to talk with the audience about their work.
2014 Films Confirmed:
- The War on Kids, Cevin Soling - thewaronkids.com
- Class Dismissed, Jeremy Stuart - homeschoolfilm.com (pending completion)
- Unschooled, Jason Marsh - unschooledfilm.com
- Schooling the World, Carol Black - schoolingtheworld.org
- La Educación Prohibida (The Forbidden Education), German Doin - educacionprohibida.com
2014 Films Invited, Not Confirmed:
- Grown Without Schooling, Peter Kowalke - grownwithoutschooling.com